Monday, October 27, 2014

Barn scene


A friend of ours is a retired farmer and still lives on his home place.  His birthday is this week.    I was so excited that Pile It On had a scene for their contest.  I'm also submitting to Inspiration Destination.

The barn is made from Cricut Cartridge Country Life  and the tractor is from Cricut Cartridge Boys Will Be Boys.  Most of the paper came from Close To My Heart at Katie's Corner.  I ran the fences through the Cuttlebug using the strip embossing folder to make the boards stand out from the posts.  The Happy Birthday stamp is from CTMH set Joyful Birthday Occasios in CTMH ruby.   Although the weather vein does now show up in the picture, I rubbed silver ink on it to make it stand out a little.  Most of the paper is from Close to My Heart,  I tried to cut the trim on the barn from some scrap paper and it would not cut clean and tore.  I used CTMH paper and it was a very clean cut.

1 comment:

  1. Super cute! So sorry, but there's an automated pop-up for verification. If this doesn't go through, or the next time you should enter, I may not be able to leave a comment. Nonetheless, thanks for sharing your fabulous card and joining us for our current challenge at Inspiration Destination. Hope to see you again and good luck!
    Ema
    IDCB Owner

    ReplyDelete