Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Truck


My grandson's birthday is coming up and I wanted to make him a special card to depict what he likes.  This was hard as he really loves his horse, but I have used horses for his past several birthdays.  He does love trucks and antique vehicles. He is also a senior at Purdue University in the School of Agriculture.   So I decided to combine the two for this card.  I used The Cricut Explore to cut the designs from the Cricut Design.  The cartridge names are:  Nifty Fifties for the truck, County Fair for the Barn and Winter Is In The Air for the trees.

I used mostly Close to My Heart Paper purchased from Katie's Corner.  Three different shades of green were used for the trees to show some depth.  I used the Cuttlebug with the CTMH Woodgrain Embossing Folder to make some texture to the grass.  For the driveway, I used course sandpaper.  I think that all the colors are obvious so won't list them.  I did put some CTMH Chocolate Ink Pad on the tree trunks to make them brown.  I also used the text Country Life for the Cricut design for the Happy Birthday.  Liquid glass was used to make it stand out.

I am entering this in Sentimental Sundays.

No comments:

Post a Comment