Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Butterflies



Father's Day is coming up, so I wanted to make something for my husband.  He has always been fascinated with butterflies.  He had a butterfly garden at home, but the nursing home he is in doesn't have one, so he can't enjoy them as much as he would like.  

I used Close to My Heart Paper  in the colors of Denim Blue and Honey for the butterflies and New England Ivy for letter shadows, with Olive for the letters. I used the Cricut cartridge Art Philosophy for all of the cut outs.  

This cards is very simple, but took some time to make, as it was hard to place letters on top of the shadow letters in just the right way.  This card will fit in several contests this week; Color My Heart, Fantabulous Cricut Challenge, and Bitten by the Bug 2.  

I wish all the fathers out there a very happy Father's Day.  

4 comments:

  1. Great card Brenda!! Love the butterflies. Thank you so very much for joining our 'Father's Day' challenge at BBTB2!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea!! super cute with the butterflies
    Thank you for entering the Bitten by the Bug 2 with the theme “Fathers day” for this challenge. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.
    dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com



    ReplyDelete
  3. The butterflies are so pretty and love the colors that you chose. How awesome to make these beautiful butterflies for your Dad. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you did this for your husband!! How sweet to help him be able to see butterflies once again in his room. I hope he enjoy's it and that it brings him lots of joy!! It is certainly a beautiful project. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2 ;-)

    ReplyDelete